I have a long standing interest in self motivational tools and aspirational personal development techniques, so it great when I come across a new system which ticks so many boxes against my own checklists.
This one is the Hawaiian philisophy of HUNA which includes seven key linked principles:
- IKE (ee-kay) – The world is what you think it is.
- KALA – There are no limits.
- MAKIA (mah-kee-ah) – Energy flows where attention goes.
- MANAWA (man-ah-wah) – Now is the moment of power.
- ALOHA – To love is to be happy with (someone or something).
- MANA – All power comes from within.
- PONO – Effectiveness is the measure of truth
From what I have read this is a deep ancient belief system of holistic life balancing and energy – and it is no surprise to me that I have already read several very successful self help books from american authors who have made serious money from promoting VERY similar if not identical principles.
Nothing new in life when it comes to fundamental truths.
There is a massive amount of material out there for anyone interested, but I also have a book to write!
Which leads me to one of the seven key principles have stayed with me these last few days:
* MANAWA – NOW IS THE MOMENT OF POWER.
This links powerfully to one of my favourite quotes from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe :
‘Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.‘
Or as my internal editor keeps shouting at me: ‘DO IT ***NOW!!! Or end up a loser who had a great idea and did nothing about it! Do you want that? Do you? Um? Do you?
No. I don’t.
So with that in mind, I am off line for the rest of the week while I write like the wind and sort out some project priorities for stories and ideas which have been burning inside my brain for weeks.
Aloha to one and all. Enjoy.