1. You submit your novella to your lovely editors and smile as the tension leaves your shoulders. YES! Fingers crossed they love it – quite different twists.
2. You are now on a well earned holiday for a week. YES! decided to stay in UK for a change. After all, forecast is for sunshine and there is so much fun stuff to do/places to go. UM.
* flight carrying guest is on time. Only Mr Nina is driving from London on a Friday evening. 2 hours later…
3. Saturday is fine! But the forecasters lie. It is raining from Sunday. Walking in rain. Gardening in rain. cold and wet and windy driving.
4. Between Friday fit as a fit thing and Monday, I have been out of house three times. In that time I have caught a stomach bug/virus/noro that is going around the area. Guest has mild case, Mr Nina no effect.
* Stand outside fav restaurant and do not want to eat one thing. Back home to bacon butties for everyone else. Sniff.
* Have to pull out of hen night party for neighbour. Double sniff.
* Feeling better – head down to railway station for long planned trip to London for art gallery, river trip and lunch at one of Gordon Ramsey’s restaurants. Been booked for ages. Get as far as platform – and turn around and head home again. Dry toast for lunch. Mega sniff.
And now it is raining again. And I have no interest in work of any description.
Can someone please remind me next year that there is a good reason I always go away on holiday?
And leaving the cave is greatly overrated.